All the benefits of Platinum with no additional charges.
We’re changing ANZ Gold to ANZ Platinum at no additional charge to our existing ANZ Gold customers. We’re making these changes because we’ve listened to our customers’ feedback about what they want out of their credit card.
You are still covered by Overseas travel and medical insurance1, and effective 23 October 2010 we’re increasing the cover from 4 to up to 6 months overseas on ANZ Platinum. Rental excess cover2 remains a standard feature too.
As an ANZ Platinum customer you will also have access to extra benefits at no additional cost from 23 October 2010, including:
- Annual fee waiver3 – your annual account fee won’t be charged at all if you’ve made more than $20,000 in eligible purchases using your ANZ Platinum card in the year prior to your next fee date3.
- Flexible payment options4 - with a choice of flexible payment options at a discounted rate of purchases interest, you could now repay your travel-related purchases in a way that suits you.
- ANZ Visa payWave – the new ANZ Platinum card will have access to ANZ Visa payWave which is a secure and easy way to pay for purchases under $100, without having to swipe, sign or enter your PIN, at participating merchants.
If you have any questions, we’re available on 13 22 73, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Terms and conditions available on application. Fees and charges apply.
1. Overseas travel and medical insurance Master Policy is underwritten by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited, ABN 78 003 191 035, AFSL No. 239545. Terms, conditions, eligibility criteria, limits and exclusions apply. To activate cover under the overseas travel and medical insurance Master Policy, you must meet the eligibility criteria: you must be a permanent resident of Australia, have debited at least $250 worth of eligible overseas travel arrangements to your Platinum card account prior to departing Australia, have a current Platinum card account at the date of any claimable event, have a return ticket to Australia and be 80 years of age or under. Please refer to the ANZ Platinum Cards Insurance booklet (PDF 680kB) - Part 1 QBE Product Disclosure Statement and policy wordings for more information and to decide whether or not this product is right for you. While overseas, we recommend that you carry proof of your overseas travel arrangements purchased on your Platinum Credit Card.
2. Rental excess cover Master Policy is underwritten by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035, AFSL No. 239545. To activate cover under the Rental excess cover Master Policy you must continue to be a current Platinum cardholder. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Please refer to the ANZ Platinum Cards Insurance booklet (PDF 680kB) - Part 1 QBE Product Disclosure Statement and policy wordings for more information and to decide whether or not this product is right for you.
3. If you make eligible purchases of $20,000 or more annually using your ANZ Platinum account your next annual account Fee (“annual fee”) will be waived. eligible purchases must be made in the year prior to your next fee date. Your fee date is the date that your account is assessed for charging an annual fee. If your account has not previously been charged an annual fee then for the purpose of determining your eligibility for the waiver, your fee date is the first date that your account is assessed for charging an annual fee. Eligible purchases includes purchases made using your account, but excludes balance transfers, cash advances, interest, fees, transactions reversed and purchase refunds. If you do not make at least $20,000 of eligible purchases in the year prior to your fee date the annual fee will be charged to your account. If you are a member of the Sphere Rewards Program your Rewards Program services fee will continue to apply regardless of your annual eligible purchases spend.
4. Terms and conditions available on application. Fees and charges apply. Flexible payment options are available for domestic or overseas purchase transactions of $500 AUD or more made using your ANZ Platinum account at an eligible merchant ("Qualifying Transaction"). An eligible merchant is any travel agent, online travel booking sites, airline or hotel, or any merchant ANZ advises as being an eligible merchant for the purposes of determining whether flexible payment offers are available. Purchases exclude cash and cash equivalent transactions. To apply to transfer a qualifying transaction to a flexible payment option call 13 22 73 after the transaction has posted to your account. This is usually 48 hours from the date you made the qualifying transaction. Your application must be made within 30 days of the date you made the qualifying transaction. Approval is subject to your accounts being in good order. Total purchases including the qualifying transaction cannot exceed your credit limit. ANZ reserves the right to add, change or withdraw flexible payment options at any time without prior notice. ANZ will not be liable to any loss or damage resulting from a delay in the process of receiving and/or approving applications. Terms and conditions apply to all flexible payment options. Call 13 22 73 for more information.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.